[ZPT] Re: calling ZPT from script python - problem

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Mon Jun 20 23:38:18 EDT 2005

On Monday 20 Jun 2005 5:26 pm, Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Kenneth Gonsalves schrieb:
> > hi
> > i am having a very weird experience. I have a page template
> > called manageheads. This requires a parameter called
> > 'companyname' to be passed to it. I access this option as:
> > python:somefunction(companyname=options['companyname'])
> > when i call the ZPT from the web like so:
> > http://.../manageheads?companyname=nameofcompany
> > it works
>
> Are you shure this works? Did you redefine 'options' somewhere?
>
> > but if i call it from a python script like so:
> > return manageheads(companyname=nameofcompany)
> > it complains saying
> > key error 'companyname'
>
> It should simply work.
>
> > The weird thing is that i have several similar ZPTs where this
> > call from python scripts work perfectly in the same zope
> > instance. So why not in this one? any clues?
>
> Maybe you did redefine 'options' in your template.

options has not been redefined anywhere. The problem appears to be in
the way to call a particular python script

this is a bit long, but interesting nevertheless -:)

the variable in question is 'compname' which is either
request['compname'] or options['compname'] depending on how the ZPT
is called (from web it goes to 'request' and from script in goes to
'options')

This is the script:

callheadtree.py
parameter list: compname

theads=context.getheadleafs()
heads=[]
for k in theads:
   heads.append(k['id'])
htree=context.getheadtree(compname=compname,id=1,name='chart',ret=[],heads=heads)
headtree=[]
for k in htree:
    headtree.append({'name':k})
return headtree

when tested using the test tab it works
when the originating ZPT is called from the web using '?' notation it
works
when called from the following script:

onetest.py
names=callheadtree(compname='testcompany')
return names

it gives a Keyerror 'compname'

when the originating ZPT is called from a script:

it gives a Keyerror 'compname'

--
regards
kg