[Zug-sig] First post... :^)

Rob Page rob.page at zope.com
Tue Jul 17 05:46:39 EDT 2007

Hi Luciano:

On Jul 16, 2007, at 2:42 PM EDT, Luciano Ramalho wrote:

 > On 7/16/07, Rob Page <rob.page at zope.com> wrote:
 >    o shared marketing materials
 >
 > This can be interesting, especially if the materials
 > are distributed in editable form, so that
 > translations can be made while keeping the original
 > layout and artwork.

 >    o speaker's bureau
 >
 > I am not sure what that means exactly, but if it
 > means making available speakers, and to some extent
 > off-setting their travelling costs, this *very*
 > interesting.

[...]

I was suggesting a database of sorts of people that are
willing to make presetations on certain topics.  I was
not suggesting that the foundation would subsidize
travel expenses.

My personal opinion (i.e., this isn't a Zope Foundation
position) is the the limited money the Foundation can
spend should be spent in ways that can benefit large
swaths of the community.

I would love to see the Foundation have the recurring
revenue stream to subsidize travel for all kinds of
purposes - getting people together face-to-face is a
substantial ingredient in sucessful open source
communities.  Unfortunately, I don't think the
Foundation is there yet.

Any other ideas.  You didn't respond to the shared
hosting/applications suggestion.  Was that because it's
obvious or a bad idea?

Thanks!

Regards,
Rob