[Zug-sig] Self-introduction

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Tue Nov 13 13:17:03 EST 2007

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Wow, thanks!  That was way more folks than I had imagined anybody knew
> about.

You are welcome.

> I've invited them to join the mailman list.  You probably just
> earned the chairmanship of the committee, if you want it. ;)

Heh. ZF bylaws require committee chairs to be ZF board directors.

Ever since it's founding, I've also been trying to figure out the
classes of membership and where I would fit. I think Associate Member is
the proper category for, um, "professional enthusiasts?" But the $95
doesn't even entitle me to be *on* any committees as the bylaws are
written to organizational members. That is, section 4.2: "Board
Committee directors may delegate their committee responsibilities to any
individual that is an employee, officer, or director of an existing
Member." Last I checked, I'm not an employee, officer, or director of
myself. :)

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.seacoos.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 962-4323