[Zope-Coders] Zope HEAD doesn't compile on Windows

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:27:08 +0000

Hi Brian,

Matt Behrens wrote:

> > ...which uses grp.h, which doesn't appear to exist.
> >
> > If whoever broke this could fix it, I'd be very grateful. Mr Behrens,
> I believe that's you
> > ;-)
>
> initgroups is a useless concept on Windows, so all that's needed is to
> somehow conditionally remove it from Setup20 if not on a UNIXy platform.
>
> I don't know the first thing about non-distutils building on Windows, so
> any help here would be appreciated.

My test run uses ExtensionBuilder to build the extensions. Is there any way what
Matt is asking for can be achieved with ExtensionBuilder.py?

If not, how should I be compiling the extensions on Win32?

cheers,

Chris