[Zope-Coders] setup.py

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:48:52 -0400

> I'd like to merge setup.py off my installer branch onto the HEAD.  My
> setup.py is almost 100% rewritten, and builds all of Zope, not just
> extension modules.  It has not been tested yet on Windows so if someone
> with the Windows compiler set would care to try it I'd be grateful...

Hi Matt -

Before merging to the HEAD, we need to make sure that
the documentation impact has been assessed and any relevant
docs have been updated. I'd also like to make sure that we
have done enough testing to sanity-check and make sure it
works on the major platforms (Linux, Solaris, Win32) and
that the "right thing" will still happen for the case
of a "binary distribution" (a Zope dist. that includes
its own bundled Python).

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com