[ZCM] [ZC] 570/ 2 Reject "access to limited part of system "

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 07:35:21 -0500

Issue #570 Update (Reject) "access to limited part of system "
 ** Security Related ** (Public)
 Status Rejected, Zope/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/570

-aj
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Sep 16, 2002 10:32 am

Our web-page is designed in a way to allow specific user groups access to certain parts of it. In order to
check this function we created in a lower hierarchy of the parent folder a new folder (test folder). Access
to the new folder has been restricted by cancelling all acquire permission settings.
The manager however obtains all rights to access and administrate the web-site. Another self-defined user
group shall only be able to view the defined pages.
When the web-site is reloaded in a new Internet Explorer Window the access is denied in general.
No matter whether this is attempted by the manager itself or some restricted user, who has been given
permission to enter specific parts of our web-pages. Unfortunately this is not the expected result. Has
 anybody got a clue what is wrong ? What could be done to access a limited part of our system ?