[ZCM] [ZC] 824/ 1 Request "Improve VirtualHostMonster documentation"

Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... zope-coders-admin@zope.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:45:21 -0500

Issue #824 Update (Request) "Improve VirtualHostMonster documentation"
 Status Pending, Zope/doc request medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/824

= Request - Entry #1 by pieterb on Feb 24, 2003 9:45 am

Uploaded:  "VirtualHostMonsterAdd.dtml.txt"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/824/VirtualHostMonsterAdd.dtml.txt/view
I had many troubles finding good VHM-docs.
I didn't know how to specify the id, and was able to find the information on the VHM object page *after* I installed the VHM.

I moved some information to the Add-page (lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/www/VirtualHostMonsterAdd.dtml), and added a link to the
ng.stx">Zope book</a>

<pre>
*** VirtualHostMonsterAdd.dtml.default  Mon Feb 24 14:26:06 2003
--- VirtualHostMonsterAdd.dtml  Mon Feb 24 15:30:39 2003
***************
*** 9,15 ****
  within the same Folder, using information passed to it in special URL
  path elements. This is useful if you are using some rewriting tool
  (Apache or an Access Rule, for example) to insert these special
! elements into your URL.

--- 9,23 ----
  within the same Folder, using information passed to it in special URL
  path elements. This is useful if you are using some rewriting tool
  (Apache or an Access Rule, for example) to insert these special
! elements into your URL.
! </p>
!
! <p class="form-help">
! Using a Virtual Host Monster and setting up virtual hosting using
! Zope should be done with caution. Be sure to read the <a
! href="http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/VirtualHosti
ng.stx">virtual
! hosting chapter</a>  of the Zope book before installing a Virtual
! Host Monster to your Zope site.

***************
  the absolute_url() methods of objects.

+ <p class="form-help">
+ A single Virtual Host Monster in your Zope root can handle all of
+ your virtual hosting needs. It doesn't matter what Id you give it,
+ as long as nothing else in your site has the same Id (e.g. 'VHM').
+ </p>

  <form action="manage_addVirtualHostMonster" method="post">
</pre>