[ZCM] [ZC] 1455/ 2 Comment "Transient Object Container: values always resetted after a restart"

Wed Aug 4 09:32:02 EDT 2004

Issue #1455 Update (Comment) "Transient Object Container: values always resetted after a restart"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1455

= Comment - Entry #2 by mcdonc on Aug 4, 2004 9:32 am

Yup.  This is documented behavior... well, at least the now-deprecated envvars that control this are documented: http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/Sessions.stx#2-31

> Either we make the fields readonly (no more editable through
> the ZMI) or the values in zope.conf should only be used
> at creation time of the temporary folder.

But the temporary folder has nothing to do with this? Transient object containers can be put in any sort of folder.

If this is to be fixed, it should be via the TOC UI (just mark the fields readonly if the TOC is kept in a temporary storage).  I'm not sure how to reliably determine if the TOC is being kept in a temporary storage, though (it could be used across ZEO, but still kept in a temporary storage).

Please don't special-case this with some sort of hack by storing the sessioning-related variables on the temp_folder instance itself at its creation time.
= Request - Entry #1 by ajung on Aug 4, 2004 8:59 am