[ZCM] [ZC] 1555/ 2 Assign "Make possible to configure non-default logger hierarchies via zope.conf"

Thu Oct 28 11:23:55 EDT 2004

Issue #1555 Update (Assign) "Make possible to configure non-default logger hierarchies via zope.conf"
 Status Accepted, Zope/feature medium
To followup, visit:
  http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1555

= Assign - Entry #2 by fdrake on Oct 28, 2004 11:23 am

 Supporters added: fdrake

Here's the original post, so everything is together:

> I'd like to use a python lib which creates and uses its own logger
> objects/hierarchy.  This hierarchy is not a subtree of the
> 'event'-hierarchy or the other default Zope-logger hierarchies.
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to define a <logger> section in my
> zope.conf (without changing the Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml).

> Given that the number of python libs using 'logging' seems to keep
> growing my question is:  Is this my fault, a Zope bug, a wishlist item
> or a feature (I'm using 2.7.2 if that matters)?

(Hopefully this shows up right in here.)