[ZCM] [ZC] 1556/ 1 Request "aq_explicit is not explicit"

Thu Oct 28 15:18:34 EDT 2004

Issue #1556 Update (Request) "aq_explicit is not explicit"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1556

= Request - Entry #1 by nucleus on Oct 28, 2004 3:18 pm

Uploaded:  "acquisition_test.zexp"
 - http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1556/acquisition_test.zexp/view
If I explicitly ask for 'object' in 'folder' in a script at the same level as 'folder' I get an 'AttributeError' - everything is ok, but when I copy the same script to a sub-folder I get 'object' even though it is not explicitly in 'folder'.

Consider following structure:

  _object
  _folder1 (empty)
  _folder2
      \_script

The content of script:

  object = context.folder1.aq_explicit.object

This should rise an 'AttributeError', but nothing happens.

I have attached a testcase as 'acquisition_test.zexp' for your convenience.