[ZCM] [ZC] 1090/ 4 Comment "Debuggable Scripts"

Thu Jul 7 14:36:40 EDT 2005

Issue #1090 Update (Comment) "Debuggable Scripts"
 Status Pending, Zope/bug+solution medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1090

= Comment - Entry #4 by tseaver on Jul 7, 2005 2:35 pm

Please reopen the CMF collector issue (now deferred) after landing
this patch:

  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/194/

= Comment - Entry #3 by sdeibel on Mar 29, 2004 4:45 pm

Also note that the patch is being tracked and now is based on Zope 2.7.0.

= Comment - Entry #2 by sdeibel on Mar 29, 2004 4:44 pm

In case the old URL ends up breaking, the new URL for the patch in the CMF collector is:

http://collector.zope.org/CMF/194
= Request - Entry #1 by Anonymous User on Oct 24, 2003 10:06 am

Zope's PythonScripts product currently sets the co_filename value in code objects generated from Python Scripts to "Script (Python)" instead of a valid file name.  For file system based scripts, setting this to the real file name (and not stripping file headers before compilation) would allow debuggers to step through the code.

This is a fairly small change to Zope that is mainly designed to support changes in CMFCore and CMFFormController.  I'm posting here in addition to the CMF Collector posting that contains all the details and patches:

http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF/194

See the README.txt file in the patch tarball attached to the above issue for more info, and feel free to contact me.