[ZCM] [ZC] 1838/ 1 Request "Admin Priviledges Needed for Installation"

Fri Jul 8 10:30:35 EDT 2005

Issue #1838 Update (Request) "Admin Priviledges Needed for Installation"
 Status Pending, Database/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1838

= Request - Entry #1 by hairypalm on Jul 8, 2005 10:30 am

Should not need admin rights to install ZODB on windows.  My company keeps my computer locked down and prevents me from writing to most directories on the system.  The ZODB windows installer requires for some reason that I be a privileged user.  I cannot install from source as I do not have a C compiler.

Please help -- I need a good storage system!