[Zope-dev] who wants to maintain Zope 3?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 10 12:33:51 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Is anyone interested in maintaining Zope 3?

With Zope 3 I mean:

* the thing with the ZMI - do you care about the ZMI?

* the thing that can be installed as a particular development platform -
do you care about the installation story for Zope 3? (as opposed to Grok
or your own application's?)

* the thing that has some kind of documentation website - do you care
about providing documentation for Zope 3 as opposed to documentation for
Grok or individual libraries?

People who are interested in these aspects please speak up, so we can
figure out what this all means for the future of Zope 3.

If nobody is interested, we should perhaps stop talking about it
entirely. If people are just interested in the ZMI, perhaps we should
form a ZMI project.

What I'm *not* talking about is:

* maintaining, documenting and installing Grok.

* maintaining and documenting any particular Zope Toolkit library
(outside of those bits that do ZMI-stuff, those aren't supposed to be in
the toolkit)

We know people are interested in doing all that.

Regards,

Martijn