[Zope-Perl] Alpha 7

Gisle Aas gisle@ActiveState.com
18 Sep 2000 20:36:50 +0200

Can now be downloaded from:

   ftp://ftp.activestate.com/Zope-Perl/zope-perl-0.2.a7.tar.gz

Alpha 7 introduce (almost) Safe PerlMethods.  PerlMethods now run
within their own namespace and we validate methods calls that are
invoked on Zope products.  The PM code is also compiled with a opmask
that prevents usage of some potentially dangerous builtins.

What we don't do is to try to prevent allocation of too much memory or
loops that run for too long.

I now think all major issues are resolved and will concentrate on
porting and making the build/install process smoother.

Regards,
Gisle