[Zope-Perl] ZDBI_DA timeout / reconnect

Ulrich Wisser u.wisser@publisher.de
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 23:07:41 +0100

Hi Gisle,

thanks for your patch. I tried to apply it
to my Zope.pm but patch didn't recognize the format
of the patchfile. After some adjustments it read
the file but rejected the patch. I found that my
Zope.pm seems to be different from yours. At
line 198 I have

198:
199:        if ($dbisource =3D~ /#/) {

The line your patch was supposed to change was line 177
in my Zope.pm.

Should I get any update? I installed pyperl beta 4 and
zoperl beta 7.

I did apply the patch by retyping (lot of work ;). But
DBD::Adabas implents the ping as select on a non existing table.
This triggers a raiseerror and Zope will give me a Traceback.

I changed it to:

if ($dbh && $dbh->[0] eq $source && eval{$dbh->[1]->ping}) {

eval is also used by Apache::DBI. And as that code is working
I thought copying would be a good idea.

Thanks

Ulrich

Viele Gr=FC=DFe

Ulrich
--=20
Searchengine Know How  - Webpromotion - Optimization - Internal Search
World Wide Web Publisher, Ulrich Wisser, Odensvag 13, S-14571 Norsborg
http://www.publisher.de   Tel: +46-8-53460905    Fax: +46-8-534 609 06