[Zope-Perl] "self" not being passed to PerlEM ?

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:42:01 -0400

Hello,

I'm calling a Perl External Method with a few parameters, and "self" =
doesn't
seem to get passed no matter what I do !

for instance I use <dtml-var expr=3D"function('someurl',RESPONSE)"> ...

I would expect in my perl code that @_  would contain, in order:

self, someurl, and the response object ... But it doesn't !

Oh and yes, the list of function arguments for the PerlEM does have =
"self"
as the first one in the list.

when I use the above I get an error like :

Can't locate object method "REQUEST" via package "someurl"=20

Which basically suggests that "self" wasn't passed, and someurl became =
the
first object on the stack ...

I tried passing self explicitely ... with :

<dtml-var expr=3D"function(self,'someurl',RESPONSE)">

<dtml-var expr=3D"function(context,'someurl',RESPONSE)">

But no luck there ...

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong ???

Thank you  ...

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca