[Zope-Perl] Beginer zope use question on PERL

Scott E Svendsen svendsse@clarkson.edu
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:43:40 -0500 (EST)

Ok I am learning Zope and Linux all at the same time so please bear with
me.

Questions:

1)  I downloaded pyperl-1.0.1.  It tells me I need the Disutils package
version 0.9 or higher, where can I find this. I searched the Zope webiste
and either its not there or I just missed it. Any help to where I can find
this would be appreciated.

2) When I do try to do the install, when I do the 'make install'
 command I get this error:

  ../lang_lock.h:67: parse error before `last_py_tstate'
  ../lanf/locl.h:67 warning: data definition has no type or storage class

>From what I have read I need to build perl with the -Dusethreads option.
how do I do this please?

Thanks
Scott