[Zope-Perl] Zoperl-1.0.beta5 Help

Scott E Svendsen svendsse@clarkson.edu
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:34:20 -0500 (EST)

I finally got Perl 5.6.1 installed with the Dusethreads option.
I then installed pyperl-1.0.1 and ran thoruhg that and did the install and
the test and it worked great.

The snag is now when I am working with zopearl-1.0.beta5.

Two snags:

1) When I run the perl install.pl it asks me where zope is located, I got
that no problem, but than bails ojut on the error:

*  pyperl must be built with the MULTI_PERL option.

Now I did the pyperl tests and it ran fine, why am I getting this error?
Is there some command I need when installing pyperl now? As I didnt see
any in the readme?

2)  I read the Install.txt file with zoperl-1.0.beta5, it says to copy the
lib files from its directory to the main zope lib directory.

So i copy zoperl/lib/python/products/* to /zope/lib/python/products/* and
to /zope/lib/python2.1/products

and I copied /zoperl/lib/Perl/* to zope/lib/perl

When I start zope now I get 2  errors:

a)

ERROR(200) Zope could not import Products.PerlExternalMethod
Traceback
 file /usr/local/zope/2-5/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 531, in
import_product
 file
usr/local/zope/2-5/lib/python/products/PerlExternalMethod/__init__.py line
14, in ?
  (OBJECT OFS)
ImportError: No module Named perl

b)

ERROR(200) Zope could not import Products.PerlExternalMethod
Traceback
 file /usr/local/zope/2-5/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 531, in
import_product
 file
usr/local/zope/2-5/lib/python/products/PerlExternalMethod/__init__.py line
14, in ?
  (OBJECT OFS)
ImportError: No module Named perl

b)
Zope could not import Products.PerlMethod
Traceback

SAME AS ABOVE except PerlExternalmethod = PerlMethod

ImportError: No module named perl

I have tried to copy the perl dir to other places with no luck, any
suggestions?

Thanks
Scott