[Zope-Perl] zope-perl and zope security

Geoff Reedy vader21@imsa.edu
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:25:58 -0500

I want to access a perl object that has been returned from a perl external
method in a page template.  Whenever I try to access a member of the perl
object I get the following error:

Error Type: TALESError
Error Value: perl.PerlError on Can't locate object method
"__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__" via package
"WWW::MetaSearch::Result" (perhaps you forgot to load
"WWW::MetaSearch::Result"?). in '<PythonExpr result.url().as_string()>', at
line 8, column 1

I suspect that this has to do with zope security and permission stuff.  Is
there any way of getting around this problem other than wrapping the perl
object as a python object?  I'd prefer to not have to do this since the
object is pretty deep.

Please cc: me since I'm not on the list (yet)

Thanks,
Geoff Reedy

--
Geoffrey Reedy                                       vader21@imsa.edu