[Zope-Perl] Problem building pyperl-1.0.1 on Windows

Barbara Norgard Barbara Norgard" <metabarb@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:54:33 -0700

BlankI am trying to build pyperl-1.0.1 on Windows XP. I am using
"ActiveState Python 2.2.1 Build 222". I modified Makefile.PL to look for
python22.lib instead of python20.lib so that the Python-Object build now
completes successfully. The "python setup.py install" in the pyperl-1.0.1
directory, however, is failing. The error message is:

[...]
Installing package 'Python-Object ' ...
Error installing package 'Python-Object': Read a PPD for 'Python-Object',
but it is not  intended for this build of Perl (MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)

I am using "ActiveState Perl v5.6.1 built for MSWin-32-x86-multi-thread", so
this does not seem like it should be a problem. Any suggestions for getting
around this would be greatly appreciated.

Barb
metabarb@earthlink.net