[Zope-Perl] Re: Standalone ZODB for Perl outside of Zope

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
28 Apr 2003 12:16:11 -0400

> I was wondering if there was any project
> to allow the embedding of the ZODB inside
> a Perl application?

I'm not aware of any such project.

I expect a port of ZODB to Perl is a non-trivial project.  The two
biggest steps, I think, would be:

- something like pickle to serialize objects
- hooks to catch access to objects so that you can detect
  modifications and load objects on demand

Is this something you're interested in doing?  Or just something you
wish someone would do <wink>?

> From my research on OO persistence, there is
> currently nothing in the Perl world that has
> anything comparable to the ZODB for storing
> and retrieving objects.

What are the best exsting solutions in the Perl world?

Jeremy