[Zope-Perl] Problems Installing on Windows 98

Robert Frey rfrey74@cox.net
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:03:47 -0700

I have read alot of threads that complain about pyperl, and I'm going to
add to that one.  I have Zope 2.5.0, ActivePython 2.2.2, ActivePerl 5.8,
Pyperl 1.0.1, and Zoperl 1.0 beta 5.  First I would like to say that
starting Zope with anything other than the Python installation that
comes with Zope results in some sort of error.  I have tried this with
various versions of Python from 1.5.2 with distutils to 2.0, to 2.2.2,
to 2.2.3, and each time I get a different error.  Is it my Zope version
that is to blame?  Also, I am following the easy instructions bundled
with the zoperl tarball, and I run into problems on the perl Makefile.pl
command when attempting to build pyperl.  It runs but there are a ton of
warnings about missing files.  It also say that these warnings are
probably harmless.  When I go to the next step and type nmake install, I
get a bad command or filename, and of course that means python setup.py
install fails also.  Obviously, I cannot go any further until I get this
resolved.  Can someone please help.  My email is rfrey74@cox.net .
 Thank you any help you can offer.