[Zope] BTree Folders questions

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Wed Aug 10 20:21:05 EDT 2005

Hi Jens.  Thank you for your advice.  I am planning on contents of
folders to be no more than 2000 items maximum and using CMFBTreeFolders
for larger folders consistent with your recommendations.

I am using CMF 1.5.2 and Zope 2.8.0  - will upgrading again this week
to 1.5.3 and 2.8.1  I removed my BTreeFolder2 product as it was
indicating it was duplicated product in my event log after my recent
upgrade - so it appears to have become part of the distribution.

I did not really understand the difference between a BTreeFolder2 and a
CMFBTreeFolder since CMFBTreeFolder did not appear as content even
though it is displayed as an option in Core Content  in ZMI.   So my
content was appearing on the web but not visible in the portal as a
folder. I guess I am wondering why isn't it ready to go by default as a
core type in CMFDefault. It appears everything is there except
registering in types tool.  My opinion is it would be really great if
it were included as a core type (in the sense it is ready to go as the
other types are). It could also remove confusion in ZMI that Core
Content will produce content that is immediately recognized by the
portal.  Many thanks.

Regards,
David