[Committers] Voting is open

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Jun 7 06:13:21 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
[snip]
>> That is one messy voting scheme. Who in the world would think this is
>> better than good old-fashioned "one voter, one vote"...
>
> Or "everyone gets to vote on as many candidates s/he wants and the
> candidate with the most votes wins"...
>
> I think the first board should simplify the election process ;)

I'm sure people actually thought about Single Transferable Vote quite
carefully. Simpler voting processes may make people feel they have more
of a handle on what's going on, but that doesn't mean such voting
processes are necessarily more fair or reflect the will of the voters
better. Note that in the future we will hopefully be electing multiple
seats to the board, and this way everyone can influence who's in all seats.

Regards,

Martijn