[Committers] Voting is open

Philipp von Weitershausen philikon at philikon.de
Wed Jun 7 06:33:40 EDT 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> [snip]
>>> That is one messy voting scheme. Who in the world would think this is
>>> better than good old-fashioned "one voter, one vote"...
>>
>> Or "everyone gets to vote on as many candidates s/he wants and the
>> candidate with the most votes wins"...
>>
>> I think the first board should simplify the election process ;)
>
> I'm sure people actually thought about Single Transferable Vote quite
> carefully. Simpler voting processes may make people feel they have more
> of a handle on what's going on, but that doesn't mean such voting
> processes are necessarily more fair or reflect the will of the voters
> better.

Possibly. I think this is a discussion that the first board can have
(that's what I meant with my suggestion above.) Fact is, a voter
probably wants to understand how the votes are tallied up so that he
knows how make his vote in the most effective manner. (At least that's
how Jens and I seem to feel.)

> Note that in the future we will hopefully be electing multiple
> seats to the board, and this way everyone can influence who's in all seats.

Right, which reminds me: There'll only be one Strategic Developer
(namely, Zope Corporation) for now, which means we only get to elect one
committer director for now?

Philipp