[Committers] Reminder: today is the last day for director nominations

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 13 10:45:50 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:
> How large will the initial board be?

That depends on who joins.  At this point we have:

- No strategic developers, although ZC has threatened
   to become one and I expect them to carry through on their
   threat. :)

- No strategic consumers

- No solution providers, although one company
   has threatened to become one and one company is in
   process.

- No associate members.

As things stand, I predict there will be:

   1 director for ZC
   1 director for ZC the strategic developer
   1 committer director
   1 solution-provider director

I hope I'm wrong and that we get more non-commiter.
members.  It would, of course, be super great to
get more strategic developers so we can have more
committer directors.

I also wish we had more paying members so that the
foundation has more money to start with.

> Do we have more or less
> nominatinees than board seats?

At this point, we have more.  Which is fine.
I think that 3 nominees is plenty to allow for
surprise strategic developers. :)

Jim