[Grok-dev] Re: maintaining the Grok website

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 14 14:30:43 EDT 2007

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> 14 sep 2007 kl. 18.00 skrev Martijn Faassen:
>

>> * we explore the use of a CMS. I know Sebastian is building one with
>> Grok. Darryl has one too. Then we probably have enough people on board
>> with knowledge of two Zope 2 CMSes: Plone and Silva, so those are
>> options too. The latter options are attractive as they're more
>> feature-rich than the Grok-based ones.
>>
> If Luciano would like to take a look at the code so far, I'd be glad to
> send it to him. I just want a second opinion regarding the quality of
> what I have done.
>
> All I can say is that it is lightweight, easy to use and supports a
> workflow oriented view on publishing. I am using it in two customer
> projects right now and I only have to pin down the security/roles stuff
> and then we could go ahead and use it.

Cool! We will need to review our options before we make the decision, of
course. :)

Is the plan to open source this CMS? It might make sense to put it in a
public SVN in that case, so that other people can review it too.

If you want to you can send me a copy as well. I don't promise a full
review, but I'm happy to give some quick feedback on what I run into.