[Grok-dev] Re: cannot install a Grok app that uses "megrok.kss"

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 16 16:38:32 EDT 2008

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
[snip]
> I cannot figure out how "grokproject" gets around this - if I start a
> new project with "grokproject", its works just fine because it uses
> martian 0.9.2!  But a Grok project that was checked into Subversion,
> or turned into a .tar.gz, and then has "buildout" run again, gets the
> newer version and cannot operate.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how Grok could become build-out-able again?

grokproject creates a buildout.cfg that pins down the list of eggs, by
getting it from the web. Is the KSS buildout you are working with too
old? I know that when Godefroid was working on at the Neanderthal sprint
it we didn't have the pinning yet.

You need this in your buildout.cfg:

extends= http://grok.zope.org/releaseinfo/grok-0.11.1.cfg
versions = versions

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you; if you were to start your KSS project
with grokproject, there shouldn't be a problem (at most you also need to
pin your KSS eggs to make sure it continues to install properly).