[Zope-ZEO] ZEO client-side

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 16:21:18 +0100

Hi all.
I've been batting the idea around of really abusing ZEO to allow for a
per-user client instance of Zope that connected to a central ZSS server.
The two main problems I can see right off have to do with authentication
-
 1) ZEO makes the assumption that anyone should be able to connect.
Since users and roles are distributed like everything else, normally
this shouldn't be a problem except:
 2) A local client installs Zope/ZEO and has superuser rights, thus
bypassing the users structure.

I believe Zope 2.3 should fix the superuser, right? But am I missing
something else, as far as users and roles are concerned?

Monty