[Zope-ZEO] ZODB as a standalone server

Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:08:49 -0500

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:11:29PM +0100, Helge Hess wrote:
>I'm not sure whether this is required. I have to think more about that,
>but I could imagine a tool like
>'give-me-an-XSchema-for-the-current-database', sth like the schema
>tables in a relational database.

But how would you figure out what the schema is?  In Python this is
difficult, since anyone can do 'object.newAttribute=1' on any random
instance, and you have no idea if that's part of the schema or some
private annotation.

Greg Ward is working on schemas; at the moment all he has is some
classes from representing types, and a script that crawls through our
Python code, looks at docstrings, and generates a textual schema
description.  There's no actual *parser* for that textual description
yet, and no code to check an object against a type, but he's still
working on it.

--amk