[Zope-ZEO] ZEO 0.2.1 - still not right on NT?

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej@mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:51:48 -0500

I gave ZEO 0.2.1 a try on NT. Changes on one client are still not immediately apparent on another client. If you stop a client, and start again, the changes from the other client are visible.

However, while running back and forth between machines, making changes one one, checking the other - at one point I made a change and did a commit and got this traceback:
>>> get_transaction().commit()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "F:\software\Zope22b3\lib\python\ZODB\Transaction.py", line 251, in commit
  File "F:\software\Zope22b3\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py", line 266, in commit
ZODB.POSException.ConflictError:

And then I could see changes that had been made on the other client!

So it's closer than 0.2 - once ConflictError is hit, the two clients seem to be synchronized.

I have a couple of other ZEO/NT notes that I'll post in a separate  message

  --Jeff