[Zope-ZEO] ZEO patches for NT

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej@mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:54:08 -0500

I've been testing standalone  ZEO (without ZOPE) on  NT.
Three changes I needed to make:

1) In start.py, change line 211 from:
    open(zeo_pid,'w').write("%s %s" % (os.getppid(), os.getpid()))
to:
    open(zeo_pid,'w').write("%s %s" % (os.getpid(), os.getpid()))

I believe Júlio did the same or similar. I'm not sure if this is the *correct*
solution, but it seems to work [os.getppid() definitely does not].
I recommend a platform check at that point in the code.

2)  In smac.py, change line 91 from:
    from zLOG import LOG, TRACE, ERROR
to:
    from zLOG import LOG, TRACE, ERROR, INFO

the INFO global is used (in some situations) in line 193

3)  In smac.py, replace line 90:
    import asyncore, string, struct, zLOG, sys, Acquisition
with these two lines:
    from ZServer.medusa import asyncore
    import string, struct, zLOG, sys, Acquisition

For some reason, simply copying asyncore.pyc from Zserver/medusa/
(as recommended in the Readme) did not work for me, but importing
it from the package does.

  --Jeff