[Zope-ZEO] ZSS extensions

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:57:16 -0600

Jim Fulton wrote:

> nw_moriarty wrote:
> >
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have been using ZODB outside Zope with great success.
> > My app has a main DB and can create other DBs depending on user input.
>
> Eek.
>
> > This is a problem with ZEO as ZSS can only serve one DB.
>
> Actually, that's not true.  ZEO can serve any number of databases. Look at the
> start.py file and you'll see how it handles multiple databases.

So, if I want a ZSS to serve more than one *.fs, I can so like this:
python start -w 8111 -S Main=Main.fs sub1=Sub1.fs

Right?

Now, how do I tell the client (in this case, Zope) which one to access?
The reason I am asking, is that the MountableStorage product doesn't
play with ZEO, and I am considering making a variant for ZEO. Now, if
there is an easier way, I am all for it, and I would rather not have a
ZSS for each .fs I will need.

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.