[Zope-ZEO] Round-robin FastCGI

Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:27:34 +0000

>>> Paul Everitt wrote
>
> Yes, Michel is correct, rewrite rules are the way to do it.  Note that
> this isn't specific to FastCGI -- there are tutorials about it for proxy
> pass.

Note that, unless things have changed since I tried it, this is only
suitable for load balancing, not failover. Last time I tried it, if
the selected backend was down the user got an error from apache.

I think putting some sort of application level proxy in place would be
a better bet - either a hardware one (choose your vendor) or a software
one. There's a number of free packages out there for this sort of thing,
e.g. balance, at http://balance.sourceforge.net/ (I haven't actually
used this one yet, but I've grabbed it to have a play...)

Anthony