[Zope-ZEO] Re: Zope-ZEO digest, Vol 1 #62 - 1 msg

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:24:13 -0700

> > I read in the zbook about using Coda+fake to enable multiple
> > ZSS to the same Data.fs.

Everything in the book should be considered alpha and used at your own
risk.  Until the book hits the shelf, expect at least a few errors (and
maybe even some after...)

> > What/where is "fake"?

The URL is in the book:

http://vergenet.net/linux/fake/

> > Does this setup work on NT or is Unix specific?

I don't know.  I suspect it's UNIX specific, but I'm sure you can pay
for a similar NT solution.

> > Are there any progress on this multiple ZSS feature?

No, in fact I've removed that section from the book because of it's
tentative nature.

> julio,
>
> I've talk w/ one of the main developers that worked w/ Coda.  I've heard
> that it is not progressing well and has lots of cruft in the code.

The lead coda developer/professor gave a talk at LinuxWorld '99 that I
attended, he addmitted to the cruft but also said coda was stable.

> the
> prognosis is supposedly not very good.  you may want to check out gfs or
> intermezzo.  if you get these working w/ ZSS, please let the list know.

Yes, that would be very interesting.  Really the issue is using these
filesystems with a FileStorage, ZEO doesn't really play in to the
picture.

-Michel