[Zope-ZEO] Patch request: include files

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:22:11 -0400

Looking at the tweaks I've made for packaging ZODB/ZEO, the most
significant change is to do with C .h files, ExtensionClass.h and
cPersistence.h being the relevant ones.  Inside the Zope tree, Setup
files for extensions that use ExtensionClass contain
-I../../Components/ExtensionClass so they can get the ExtensionClass.h
file.

The Distutils permit installing header files, putting them in
/usr/include/pythonN.N/<packagename>.  This means that #include
"ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.h" will automatically work in any
Python extension module (if it didn't, #include "Python.h" wouldn't
work either).

Suggested change: modify the Setup files in the Zope tree to do
-I../../Components/ (dropping the last component of the path) and have
the C files use "ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.h".  Affected files
would be:

BTree/Setup
BTree/BTree.c:#include "ZODB/cPersistence.h"
BTree/BTree.c:#include "ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.h"
BTree/intSet.c:#include "ZODB/cPersistence.h"

ZODB/Setup
ZODB/TimeStamp.c:#include "ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.h"

Incidentally, BTree/Setup includes -I../../Packages/BoboPOS, which
seems to be vestigial; the BoboPOS directory no longer exists.

--amk