[Zope-ZEO] Sumo ZODB packaging

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 21:22:02 -0400

I've released new versions of the packaged ZODB at the usual location:
ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/amk/zodb/

The RPMs and Windows versions are gone, since they're now out-of-date
and it's too much trouble for me to rebuild them.  Old versions will
be kept in the old/ subdirectory and periodically overwritten.

Changes:

* Additional packages: BTree extensions, BerkeleyStorage, SearchIndex, Catalog,
	               DCOracle (untested), DCOracleStorage (untested)
* ZODB package now installs cPersistence.h
* Updated to ZEO 0.4.1
* sumo-zodb.tar.gz contains all the packages
* Added top-level setup.py script to build everything

TODO:  (Help with these would be welcomed)
Make the top-level script autodetect which packages can be built
Make DCOracle/setup.py set the Oracle include directories properly
Add simple test suite to verify that your installation is working correctly
Are there other packages that should be added?  (Think I've got them all now.)

--amk