[ZODB-Dev] RE: xron and zeo -- follow-up question

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:25:02 -0700

I won't attempt to address the full question about versioned mirroring,
since I haven't even used ZEO yet.

As far as scheduled trigging of methods on specific clients...

...if you had a ZEO-aware Xron running anywhere in the "ZEO cluster", you
could write one or more Xron-scheduled methods that execute (via any kind of
RPC) other methods on specific ZEO clients. I think that would satisfy all
your scheduling requirements.

You would embed in your scheduled methods the knowlege of what clients exist
and how to address them.

-- Loren