[ZODB-Dev] DCOracleStorage

Kent Hoxsey khoxsey@caspiannetworks.com
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 15:45:27 -0700

Is anyone out there using an OracleStorage as the backing store for
their zodb? We're using FileStorage to run Zope (with ZEO, no less),
but I'm sort of resigned to the fact that there are certain people I
interact with who are only comfortable with technologies that store
data in big, expensive RDBMS products. People with 3-letter titles
beginning with C...

Anyway, there appear to be some performance optimizations available in
the current OracleStorage (v1.0.0b2). Oracle isn't exactly a rockin'
object database, but it does have a lot of controls available for
tweaking. Is anybody interested enough in the OracleStorage that it's
worth working on some tuning?

k1