[ZODB-Dev] Copying from one Data.fs to another

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 11:12:35 +0100

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> It's pretty darn trivial for any storage derived from BaseStorage.
> E.g. here's a script that creates a new Full storage and copies
> everything from an existing storage to the new one.  Tailor to suit
> your needs (i.e. open an existing FileStorage instead).
>
> All the magic of the iterator protocol is hidden in
> copyTransactionsFrom().

This looks cool :-)

*sigh*

It doesn't work when the source storage is CompressedStorage. For some reason,
it looks like compressed transactions are just being written back in comrpessed
form...

Ah well, .zexp time I guess... that's gonna be fun with a 1500Mb Data.fs :-S

cheers,

Chris