[ZODB-Dev] Pluggable transactions logic

JohnD.Heintz JohnD.Heintz
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:10:19 -0500

On Saturday 04 August 2001 07:12, Chris Withers wrote:
> Steve Alexander wrote:
> > When an object gets deleted, it is its parent that gets registered wi=
th
> > the transaction, not the object. This is because the parent just seve=
rs
> > the link to the child, and the garbage collector sees to the rest.
>
> Hmmm... tricky, I guess that parent would need to notify the child some=
how.
> Could this be worked into thsi interface since its' going to eb a commo=
> thing in ZODB terms when any reference to an object is deleted...

Something I've been thinking about is exposing explicit delete calls on a=
=20
Storage.  Is this a feature that you would like to see in the ZODB as wel=
l?

It wouldn't solve this problem entirely, we would also need to get suppor=
t=20
that during the transaction commit the Storage computes the objects avail=
able=20
for garbage collection as a result of the activity.  This would be hard a=
nd=20
expensive - but very powerful.

John
--=20

John D. Heintz | Senior Engineer

1016 La Posada Dr. | Suite 240 | Austin TX 78752
T 512.633.1198 | jheintz@isogen.com

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m