[ZODB-Dev] Pluggable transactions logic

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:39:37 +0100

"John D. Heintz" wrote:

> Something I've been thinking about is exposing explicit delete calls on a
> Storage.  Is this a feature that you would like to see in the ZODB as well?

I think so...

> It wouldn't solve this problem entirely, we would also need to get support
> that during the transaction commit the Storage computes the objects available
> for garbage collection as a result of the activity.  This would be hard and
> expensive - but very powerful.

Indeed. In fact, that combined with transaction agents would probabyl make all
my wildest dreams come true.

I think, in essence, I want to be hook each of the following independently:

1. Object creation (storage for the first time)
2. Object modification
3. Object destruction (when it's no longer available in the storage, or the most
recent revision is marked as deleted)

IS this a reasonable thing to ask for?

cheers,

Chris