[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 1.0b3 start.py problem?

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 16:08:51 -0700

I couldn't get get_storage() in ZEO start.py to find/work with my storages
configuration module...

Module looks like this:

dbstore1:/data/ZEO/ZopeStorageServer/lib/python/ZEO# more StorageConfig.py
import ZODB.FileStorage
MainStorage=FileStorage.FileStorage('/data/ZEO/ZopeStorageServer/var/Data.fs
')

Tyring to start using (cut from shell script):

INSTANCE_HOME=/data/ZEO/ZopeStorageServer
export INSTANCE_HOME
/usr/bin/python1.5 $INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/ZEO/start.py \
  -p 9000 -u www-data \
  -S main=StorageConfig:MainStorage
  ZEO_SERVER_PID=$INSTANCE_HOME/var/ZEO_SERVER.pid \
  STUPID_LOG_FILE=$INSTANCE_HOME/var/ZEO_EVENTS.log \
  "$@"

I've also tried specifying the absolute system path, and also use the old
style format specifying the storage itself.  Neither seemed to work; since I
couldn't get this far, and I needed to use 2 storages (one FS, one BDB2), I
just hardcoded loading each storage into start.py instead of using
get_storage(); that works ok for me, but I'm wondering if I am alone with
this problem...

Sean

Sean Upton
Senior Programmer/Analyst