[ZODB-Dev] Very strange behaviour: Leakfinder?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:36:36 +0100

Hi,

This is following on from my flakey ZODB report yesterday. Dunno if anyone else
has seen this, or even if my conclusions are accurate but thought I'd drop a
post to see if it made sense to anyone else...

Basically, with a 1.8GB (the pack worked ;-) Data.fs, if I do any extremely
processor intensive task (like packing or a very large .zexp) then while that is
going on, if I open another browser and try to go to the managment interface, I
get what appears to be a blank ZODB. More than a little disconcerting! :-(

Anyway, if I try again later, everything is back and ship shape...

Now, I initially thought this might be 'cos of some weird ZODB problem where one
thread locks all the otehrs otu so they all get an apparently empty DB, but, I
have noticed that the LeakFinder product is installed.
Could this be causing something like this to happen?

Has anyone else got any ideas?

cheers,

Chris