[ZODB-Dev] Read conflicts.

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 22:35:26 -0400

For reasons I've only lately been able to fathom, the Connection class
raises a ConflictError in its setstate method.  This is a "read"
conflict error and indicates that the data we're reading has been
changed in another connection.

I'd like to be able to tell read conflicts apart from write conflicts
for debugging and statistical purposes.  To do so, I'd like to add a
ReadConflictError to POSException which subclasses ConflictError.  Does
anyone see a problem with me just going ahead and doing that and
checking it in on the trunk?

--
Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com