[ZODB-Dev] Read conflicts.

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:32:03 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "CMcD" == Chris McDonough <chrism@digicool.com> writes:

  CMcD> I'd like to be able to tell read conflicts apart from write
  CMcD> conflicts for debugging and statistical purposes.  To do so,
  CMcD> I'd like to add a ReadConflictError to POSException which
  CMcD> subclasses ConflictError.  Does anyone see a problem with me
  CMcD> just going ahead and doing that and checking it in on the
  CMcD> trunk?

I'm not sure what the future of the trunk is.  Once the ZEO 1.0
release is done, I expect to turn to the ZEO-ZRPC-Dev branch that is
used by ReplicatedStorage.

The change itself seems reasonable enough.  I suppose you can commit
it on the trunk and then poke me if I don't preserve it whe I merge in
the ZEO-ZRPC-Dev stuff.

Jeremy