[ZODB-Dev] Zope threads hanging?

Dyon Balding dyon.balding@monster.com
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:26:52 -0700

Hi,

I'm having some problems with a ZEO setup, I'm not sure where the problem
lies, but I'll start with sending to this list first.

The setup:

Zope clients running Zope-2.3.3, with ZEO 1.0b3 (patched with reconnection
patch), ZODBCDA 3.0.3 and various other products that I don't think are
related here.  OS is Win2k.  ZEO storage server is identical.
ODBC connector to SQL Server on another machine.

The problem:

Some requests never come back, I am assuming that the Zope thread is
hanging, as after this happens a number of times that is equal to the
number of Zope threads, no more requests ever receive a response.  The
stupid logger shows no exceptions.  The detailed log (via -M) shows normal
requests up until one that hangs, which only has B and I entries.  Once
all threads have hung, all subsequent requests only show B and I entries.

How should I debug this?  What's the best way to see what's happening
here?

Any advice on debugging this would be appreciated.  Unfortunately the problem
is fairly intermittent, but it has been causing our servers to crash.

thanks
-d