[ZODB-Dev] Data.fs

Fritz Mesedilla fritz.mesedilla@summitmedia.com.ph
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:46:24 +0800

Greetings!
I need help with zeo. I can't seem to pack Data.fs while zeo is running.
When I try to pack it, "top" show me a few seconds of flactuation in the
server load and nothing more.

The only way that I am able to pack it is by turning zeo off and restarting
zope, pack it, then restart zeo. Is there another way of doing this?

I didn't use domain sock in the clients. And in the client that runs in the
same server as zeo, this is what is inside:
This is our custom_zodb.py:
# Sample custom_zodb.py
__version__ = "$Revision: 1.1 $"[11:-2]

# In situations where we switch between different storages, we've
# found it useful to use if-elif-else pattern.
import os

if 1: # Change the 0 to 1 to enable!

    # ZEO Unix Domain Socket

    # This import isn't strictly necessary but is helpful when
    # debugging and while Zope's and Python's asyncore are out of sync
    # to make sure we get the right version of asyncore.
    import ZServer

    import ZEO.ClientStorage
    Storage=ZEO.ClientStorage.ClientStorage(('', 8800),
        # If no name is given, then connection info will be shown:
        name="ZEO Charlie Storage",
        # You can specify the storage name, which defaults to "1":
        storage="1",
        )

else:

    # Default FileStorage
    import ZODB.FileStorage
    Storage=ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage(
        os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME, 'var', 'Data.fs'),
        )

Please help! Thanks.

Fritz Mesedilla
Systems Administrator

Summit Interactive, Inc.
FHM | Seventeen | Candy | Cosmopolitan | Preview | Good Housekeeping
femalenetwork.com | candymag.com | fhm.com.ph | cosmo.com.ph

Palm Pilot Software: TVSked - Download from the link below
http://mesedilla.tripod.com           +Basta Ikaw Lord