[ZODB-Dev] ZODB tools for possible contribution

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:24:17 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Greg Ward wrote:

> in the course of using and learning about ZODB and ZEO over the past
> year or so, we have written a handful of useful and nifty tools that I
> think could be useful to everyone using ZODB.  Andrew thinks so too,
> which is why you'll find out-of-date versions of some of them in the
> contrib/ directory of his SourceForge "zodb' project.  Perhaps the right

If it's a vote-casting thing, please, let's. These sound awfully
desireable :)

>   * "owner" of the database root object (which for us is a
>     PersistentMapping of a handful of one-below-the-root-objects,
>     which we refer to as "database roots")

So your advertised get_connection() and friends come from here?

>   * knows how to open a ZODB in various formats (currently only
>     FileStorage and ClientStorage, but adding more storages just
>     requires adding more '_init_foo()' methods)

Can we 'ave a look at the API for the current ObjectDatabase?

> class PersistentList:
>   * the obvious analog to PersistentMapping -- it's just a list-like
>     object that sets _p_changed when the list is updated
>   * already included in Andrew's zodb project, just needs to be
>     added to the zope.org CVS

Yep, we use this.

> zodb_index script/module:
>   * tool to build/query low-level indeces of a ZODB
>   * current builds 3:
>     - OID -> list of OIDs referenced by it
>     - OID -> list of OIDs that reference it
>     - class_name -> list of OIDs of instances of that class

Hey! Wasn't somebody looking for this on the list a day or two ago? I
definitely can remember that. Let me find him...

Take care,