[ZODB-Dev] ZODB tools for possible contribution

Christian Robottom Reis kiko@async.com.br
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:28:02 -0300 (BRT)

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Greg Ward wrote:

> Do any of these tools sound useful to you?  Do you think they should be
> part of StandaloneZODB?  Turning them into something publicly releasable
> would be several days of work; if there's interest, I'd like to get
> these tools out into the wider world.

Sorry for reposting; but I would like to point one thing out: I have
implemented, here, incompatible and quite similar (though less than
stellar) add-ons that have pretty much the same requisites (object
iteration, DB functionality wrapping, etc.) So my opinion is that the
sooner a standard set of helpers is either integrated or packaged and
jointly advertised, the sooner we stop worrying about them and go back to
$@#$@#!!@ coding our applications :)

If we don't have this integrated into StandaloneZODB, we _should_ have
them standardized as _the_ high-lever wrappers.

Take care,